I am back! I have been out of town visiting friends in Vegas since wednesday. I am back to the PNW and freezing! When we left yesterday it was 100 degrees, here in Washington it is a mere 56 degrees. Not to mention I got up at the crack of dawn to do the AHA Color Run and boy did it even feel colder at that hour!
Here is a card that was inspired by a card in our new catalog.
Yes! new catty is coming and just around YOUR corner~
bet you can't wait!
New products, stamps and accessories!
This set is an oldie but a goodie, Papillon Potpourri
I used watercolor paper and Aqua watercolor pens to create the watercolor effect with Pool party ink, Daffodil Delight and Calyspo Coral
Made the most delish blueberry muffin cake today.
Here's the recipe if you'd like to try it.
Blueberry Muffin Cake Author: Cookies & Cups
Ingredients for Crumb Topping - ¾ cup granulated sugar ⅓ cup plus 3 tablespoons allpurpose flour ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
Cake- 2 cups allpurpose flour ¾ cup granulated sugar ¼ cup butter, room temperature ¾ cup milk 1 egg 2½ teaspoons baking powder ¾ teaspoon salt 2 cups fresh blueberries
Glaze- ½ cup powdered sugar ¼ teaspoon vanilla 1 teaspoon milk
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C
2. Spray a 9" Springform pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl combine all the Crumb ingredients with a fork or pastry cutter until they are blended. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl mix together all the cake ingredients except the blueberries and mix until mostly smooth. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Spread the cake batter into the prepared pan and top evenly with the crumb topping.
6. Bake for 4050 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Loosen the edges of the cake from the pan with a butter knife and then remove the sides of the pan.
8. For the glaze mix together all the ingredients and put on top.